The old church B-3
As the Meeting Hall was left in 1951 one of the former members, Andreas Lund-Drosvad, started a museum in the old church. Through his many years at Kangersuatsiaq (settlement) he had collected many fine implements, which became the kernel of the Museum. As Lund-Drosvad returned back to Denmark in 1955 the activities at the Museum stopped.
At the end of the sixties new initiatives were taken from the National Musuem in Denmark. Several researchers were sent out to collect cultural material from the area around Upernavik. Among these researchers was the young eskimologist Keld Hansen, who made archaeological investigations on the Upernavik Island. All the implement he collected here at Qattarmiut were included in the register of the Upernaivk Museum.
The old church was still the only exhibition room – not until 1997 were the rest of the old colony buildings repaired and used as exhibition rooms.
The old church was originally constructed in 1839 and the bell tower with a small entrance was build in 1882.